What we don’t fund
Our Grassroots and Community Assets & Facilities Funds have specific exclusions, which are listed on their website pages.
In general, Eastern & Central Community Trust will not make grants for the following:
- Individuals (except for capability building through the Development pathway of the Grassroots Fund)
- Travel overseas or outside the region
- Conference attendance or accommodation
- Retrospective expenses, completed projects or events
- Uniforms that do not remain the property of the applicant organisation
- Prizes, trophies and awards ceremonies
- Commercial organisations
- Religious ministry
- Loan repayments or other debt instrument repayments
- Venture capital
- Earthquake strengthening
The Trust will also not fund:
- Church-based or religious activities which should, in the view of a reasonable person, be the responsibility of the churches to fund. The Trust will only consider projects being sponsored by churches or religious organisations where there is a clear wider community benefit from such a project.
- Projects that are clearly the responsibility of central or local government.
- Purely for-profit groups. However, it may consider social enterprise initiatives and applications from not-for-profit groups that have an aim of supporting the community through enhanced economic activity.
- Those groups that have a political activity as their focus.
- Projects that do not have a direct benefit to people. Any environmental or animal-related projects must show a direct benefit to people.
If you are unsure about whether your application is eligible, please call us free on: 0800 878 720.