- This event has passed.
Connections and Collaboration Workshop
July 2 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
A community thrives when locals connect and collaborate to realise the potential of their place. Community-led development enables people to find, make and maintain relationships across diverse groups and sectors. Effective community engagement is more than consultation. It requires the vital elements of trust, observation, analysis, and an ability to co-create vision, and plan for change.
This workshop will help you:
- Assess your community relationships
- Identify new allies, connections and influencers
- Apply tools to build and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Establish steps to map and tap into the strengths of your wider community
- Expand your capacity to hold and maintain diverse relationships
The workshop will be facilitated by Kindra Douglas, the founding director of Victory Community Centre in Nelson.
Cost: $69 plus GST for non-profits and community groups, and $195 plus GST for local/central government, funders, and private enterprise
Lunch will be provided.
Please register your interest by visiting the Volunteering Hawke’s Bay website.